09:30 am – Meet the guide directly at a family-run Acetaia and join your private tour of the magic ageing lofts where Balsamic Vinegar is created and aged, with final tasting of their full production of aceti, from the two Traditional grades (the one and only original product) to the “regular” ones (a sort of by-product) and the so-called condiments.
10:30 am – Move on to the second stop.
11:00 am – Private guided visit at a family-run Parmigiano-Reggiano producer’s, stepping in all the production areas from the milk heaters to the drying, salting and ageing rooms,
which are also known as the “wheel cathedrals”: once there, as a kind of magic, you will be the privileged witnesses of something special…
A final rich brunch, including 4 different ageings of parmigiano paired with other local deli foods and a glass of Lambrusco, will almost make you full for the rest of the day!
12:00 pm – Move on to the hills of Maranello.
01:00 pm – Visit the Ferrari Museum (on own) and just live the dream, as they say down there: a permanent exhibition dedicated to both the most recent supercars and the Formula 1 models, as well as a pit stop area, test-drive simulators, a large Ferrari Store and a welcoming cafeteria.
02:15 pm – End of activities and back to hotel /head on to your next destination.
Wish a cherry on top? A 20-min Ferrari Test Drive on the streets of Maranello can be added any time, just take a look at the available supplements!
– Private guided tour of a PDO Parmigiano-Reggiano production site
– Brunch including 4 ageings of Parmigiano (12/18/24/36 months), bread & breadsticks, tosone cheese (trimmings from the wheels at their earliest drying stages), ricotta (cottage cheese obtained right after extracting the Parmigiano curds), jams, honey, pickled fruits, glass of Lambrusco)
– Opening of a real Parmigiano-Reggiano wheel right in front of you
– Shopping opportunity
– Private guided tour of an Acetaia, the production site of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PDO with tasting of the full product range
– Entrance tickets for the Ferrari Museum in Maranello.
– Any extras, tips and personal expenses
– Full lunch
– Everything not mentioned in inclusions
– Private transfer
– No fee up to 8 days before the starting day
– From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty
– 48 hours’ notice: 70% penalty
– 24 hours’ notice: 100% penalty
– Please note, that it is not a private tour, other people can participate.
– Private transfer is not included in the price
– Driving licence: an internationally valid driving licence with at least 1 year of driving are mandatory for the test-drive
– Guide: the tour does not include a private guide: each visit is run directly by the producer
– It is not guaranteed to see the craftsmen at work at every production: being artisanal and not industrial products, the working cycle is not repeated every day at the same time (eg. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, wine making, Prosciutto di Parma, Culatello)