This day-as-a-local together with an expert licensed guide will begin from its heart: the Estense Castle. The fortress is one of the most important testimonies of the 1500s, a symbol of the deep cultural involvement of the Este family during the Renaissance. Incredible masterpieces by Raphael, Michelangelo, Giulio Romano and Tizian are still to be stunned at in the exhibiting rooms of the castello.
Alternatively, we will visit Palazzo Schifanoia, a building conceived for the leisure of the noble class: you cannot miss the Paintings of the Months, the largest Renaissance cycle depicting pagan frescoes!
After small detours back in time along the medieval alleys, it will be time for a short break at one of the historical pastry shops to taste the legendary tenerina cake.
And a final toast with a selection of cold cuts and cheeses paired with a nice glass of local wine will be our way to say… see you back soon in Ferrara!
– Licensed expert guide for max 3 hours
– Selection of typical cold cuts and cheeses and a glass of local wine (Delta del Po’)
– Coffee with a piece of small piece of pastry OR gelato
– Entry ticket to the Estense Castle or to the Schifanoia Palace
– Everything not mentioned in the inclusions
– Private transfer
– No fee up to 8 days before the starting day
– From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty
– 48 hours’ notice: 70% penalty
– 24 hours’ notice: 100% penalty
– Meeting point at your Ferrara hotel / train station / in front of the Tourist Office will be agreed after the tour confirmation, no private transfer is offered in the tour
– Please specify if and who have any kind of intolerances/allergies/food restrictions
– The tour is offered in a self-drive option (on the board of your own car), private transfer from your locations can be purchased upon by email request. Otherwise, ask us about rental car option, we have special dedicated rates to our guests