08.45 am: Departure from Parma towards the so-called Highlands, an area near the city.
09.00 am: Meet the first local host directly on site and visit an authentic family-run producer of Parmigiano-Reggiano PDO: you’ll be a privileged witness of an out-an-out natural birth…a magical practice that has been repeated by the skilful hands of the cheese master makers every single day in the same way for at least 1,000 years now! Final tasting of 2-3 different ageings.
10:30 am: Back on board and head on to the panoramic hills of Parma.
11:15 am: Start your discovery tour of a small, artisanal, family-run Prosciutto di Parma PDO producer: from the fresh meat trimming area to the drying rooms upstairs exposed to the sea breeze and the final ageing cellars, you will catch the secret of this true food icon. Rich final tasting: Prosciutto di Parma, other typical cured meats, Parmigiano Reggiano, homemade cakes, local wine, water and coffee.
01:00 pm: Head on to the province of Reggio-Emilia.
01.30 pm: Last but not least, the most mysterious product of the region, i.e. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO, will be unveiled at a small top-notch family-run farm producing both Lambrusco wine and a full range of aceti: you’ll learn the difference between the authentic product, aka “”black gold””, and the balsamic condiments that you usually find in the supermarkets. Final tasting: the 3 ageings of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.
2.30 pm: End of activities and head back to Parma.
– Transportation, pick up will take place in Piazza Garibaldi in Parma
– Guided visit & tasting at a Parmigiano-Reggiano dairy
– Guided visit & tasting at a Prosciutto di Parma producer’s
– Guided visit & tasting at a Traditional Balsamic Vinegar producer’s
– Private guide on board
– Everything not mentioned in the inclusions
– No fee up to 8 days before the starting day
– From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty
– 48 hours’ notice: 70% penalty
– 24 hours’ notice: 100% penalty
– The pick-up will take place in Piazza Garibaldi, Parma.
-Program: the described program may undergo minor changes in the timings
– Guide: there is no private guide on board. Explanations are given directly by the producers at each stop.
– It is not guaranteed to see the craftsmen at work at every production: being artisanal and not industrial products, the working cycle is not repeated every day at the same time (eg. Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, wine making, Prosciutto di Parma, Culatello)