What to see in Parma? Our qualified Parma tour guide will lead you into a real treasure hunt among the most iconic deli boutiques of the town, pieces of general information, descriptions of the locals’ lifestyle, anecdotes about Parma’s legendary personalities and precious suggestions for shopping in the arts and crafts district.
Between a stop at a bottega storica brimming with Parmigiani and Prosciutti, a wellwishing prayer at one of the many panini temples and a peaceful incursion into the guide’s preferred deli to grab some tortelli or anolini for the day, you will also hear about the historical and artistic heritage of the petite Versailles.
Indeed, with its 1,000- year-old ensemble of Cathedral and Baptistery, its gracious Renaissance frescoes on the cupolas, the stunning wooden architecture of Teatro Farnese and the neoclassic Teatro Regio wrapped in the unmistakable yellow nuance called Giallo Parma, the town is a miniature summary of all the epoques and styles that have made Italy the fundamental stop of each European Grand Tour.
And what if we told you that at the end of the tour you will sit down in the secret cellars* of a 16th-century palace with a typical tasting lunch served onto a very, very special table? No more spoilers…try it and see!
– Licensed expert guide for 3 hours
– Tastings of Parmigiano, Prosciutto AND/OR other cured meats (with breadsticks and / or focaccia)
– 1 type of fresh pasta (tortelli di Parma / anolini in broth) OR alternative street food
– 2 glasses of top-quality sparkling wine (a rosé/white and a red)
– Typical cake (ingredients: butter, eggs, sugar, nuts)
– Entry tickets to monuments (on request, to be paid directly to the guide)
– Everything not mentioned in the inclusions
– Private transfer
– No fee up to 8 days before the starting day
– From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty
– 48 hours’ notice: 70% penalty
– 24 hours’ notice: 100% penalty
– Tastings: in case the fresh pasta tasting is not available, we will replace it with a double portion of Parmigiano and prosciutto dish or any other typical street food (eg: panino with artichockes&cheese, pizza, arancino ect.)
Please specify if and who have any kind of intolerances/allergies/food restrictions
– Meeting point at your Parma hotel / train station / in front of the Tourist Office will be agreed after the tour confirmation, no private transfer is offered in the tour