– 09:00 am – Meet the guide directly at the dairy and dive into the most authentic making of Parmigiano-Reggiano PDO: from the curdling into the typical copper heaters to the
salting and the final ageing in the so-called wheel cathedrals, you will be a privileged witness of almost all the steps of production of this out-and-out food icon. Tasting at
– 11:00 am – Head on to visit a unique producer of both Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO and typical local wines in a green hillside area of breathtaking beauty!
During the tour, you will discover when and how Traditional Balsamic Vinegar was born here, as well as (some of) the secrets of its inebriating flavor: ageing into small casks
made of ash, oak, chestnut, juniper, cherry or mulberry wood will let each single drop taste different from the other! Tasting at the end.
To follow – And did you know that the balsamico producers are excellent winemakers at the same time? A glass of their Lambrusco and other typical organic wines paired with
farm-to-table delicatessen will make your perfect country-chic aperitif!
To follow – Happy ending with a typical Emilian lunch including cured meats, the ever-present pasta and a homemade cake.
02:45 pm – End of activities and back to your hotel or head on to your next destination.
– Guided visit & tasting at a Parmigiano-Reggiano dairy
– Guided visit & tasting at a country-chic production of both Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO and typical wines like Lambrusco among other;
– typical 3-course lunch at a castle’s restaurant or a local agriturismo to availability
– Private guide on board
– Everything not mentioned in the inclusions
– No fee up to 8 days before the starting day
– From 7 days to 3 days before the tour starting date: 50% penalty
– 48 hours’ notice: 70% penalty
– 24 hours’ notice: 100% penalty
– Program: the described program may undergo minor changes in the timings
– The tour is offered in a self-drive option (on the board of your own car), private transfer from your locations can be purchased upon by email request. Otherwise, ask us about rental car option, we have special dedicated rates to our guests
– Guide: the tour does not include a private guide: each visit is run directly by the producers at fixed times.
– Lunch: the lunch can be arranged at a castle’s restaurant, a family-run trattoria or an agriturismo depending on availability.
– It is not guaranteed to see the craftsmen at work at every production: being artisanal and not industrial products, the working cycle is not repeated every day at the same
time (eg Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, wine making, Prosciutto di Parma, Culatello).